Isabel Natal


Isabel Natal nasceu na Fajã da Ovelha a 26 de Fevereiro de 1949. Licenciada em Pintura pelo Instituto Superior de Artes Plásticas da Madeira, foi docente do 5º Grupo (Artes) na Escola básica Dr. Ângelo Augusto da Silva. Participa em Exposições Colectivas desde 1978.

Isabel Natal was born in Fajã da Ovelha in 1949. She has a degree in Painting from the Institute of Visual Arts in Madeira. She was teaches Visual Arts. Isabel Natal has been participating in collective art projects and exhibitions since 1978.

1. O meu pinheiro de olhar.
Lembro e relembro o meu (sapato) apertado, atado, amarrado, laçado. Era enorme o meu sapato. Eu dormia dentro do meu sapato agarrada às caixas, aos sonhos, à vida de menina. Era de todas as cores o meu sapato: branco, amarelo, rosa, verde, vermelho, azul… Condizia, sempre, com os laçarotes que enfeitavam os meus carrapitos. E eu subia às árvores e de vez em vez ao pinheiro, bravo, aquele grande que insistia em roubar o meu olhar (todos os dias, era como um namoro eterno). E eu descia do pinheiro até à terra húmida irrigada pelas primeiras chuvas de Outono que prenunciavam o Inverno. E o pinheiro perguntava: dás-me os teus laços? Sim… E eu corria de cabelo ao vento…. Eu era a princesa mas estava só e logo vi “Que a coroa que eu levava era de ferro // Tão pesada que toda me dobrava”.

2. Este (meu) pinheiro de olhar
Ficam aqui (algumas) memórias (possíveis) dos meus pinheiros (de olhar). De ontem até hoje ficam (sempre) as cores.


1. My tree to look
I recall and well remember my tight, tied, laced shoe. It was huge, my shoe. I slept inside my shoe, holding on to boxes, dreams, my childhood. It had every color, my shoe: white, red, pink, yellow, green, blue… It always matched the bows that embellished my ponytails. I climbed trees, and from time to time, that wild pine tree, the big one that insisted on catching my eye (every day, it was like an eternal love). And I would come down from the pine tree, right down to the moist earth, irrigated by the first fall rain that prognosticates the winter. The pine tree asked: Can you give your bow ribbons? Yes… and I ran with my hair loose in the wind… I was the princess but I was alone, and then I realized “The crown that I was wearing was made of iron // so heavy, that all of me was bending“

2. This tree (of my own)to look
Here are (some possible) memories of my tree (to look). From yesterday, until now, the color (always) stays

O meu sapato, 2010
metal, acrílico e colagem sobre tela
265x160x80
My shoe, 2010
metal, acrylic, collage, canvas
265x160x80